Quick recipes are my favorite at the moment. The kind of recipes that don’t need much prep and cook quickly. I have a tremendous amount of appreciation for any nutritious dish I can shop for, prepare and serve in 30 minutes or less. Especially on a Friday afternoon.
Salmon cooks very quickly, my fifteen minute salmon is a testament to that fact, and this dish is just about as quick. It’s not quite as delicious as my pistachio crusted salmon but it’s quick and nutritious! If you don’t count the salt and pepper, there are just three ingredients to worry about.
Cilantro, coconut and line are ingredients that work very well together. You’ll often see them together in Thai cooking. Something with remembering if you want to add some variety to an Asian themed menu…. and in a moment if complete distraction, I’m wondering now if I could make a cilantro-coconut version of my baked salmon wontons.
Ok, here goes. Even if my version isn’t as pretty as this one!
Coconut & Cilantro Poached Salmon
Ingredients to serve four
- 1lb salmon
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- Garnish with lime
Preparation and cooking
- Put a large skillet or braiser on a medium heat, pour in the coconut milk and bring to a low boil.
- Chop the cilantro and add to the coconut milk.
- Add the salmon to the warm coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook on a low temperature for ten minutes.
- Serve on a bed of cilantro rice or with roasted carrots and parsnips.